TRACK SHACK AWARDED BUSINESS/MERCHANT OF THE YEAR BY ORLANDO MAIN STREET PROGRAM
Orlando, Fla., – The Orlando Main Street Program recently recognized outstanding local Main Street projects, activities and volunteers on Tuesday, October 29.
Honored during a ceremony at Dubsdred Golf Course in Orlando, Track Shack received the award for Business/Merchant of the Year for outstanding commitment to and involvement with their District. This may include setting high standards for business, exhibiting a positive image, as well as producing an overall positive impact on the Mills 50 District.
“It is always an honor to be recognized by your peers, one we don't take lightly even after more than 30 years in downtown Orlando,” says Betsy Hughes, co-owner of Track Shack.
A total of 25 awards were presented to the winners in seven different categories during the Main Street Awards Program. Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer, City of Orlando Commissioners Tony Ortiz, Patty Sheehan and Robert Stuart were on hand for the presentation and to congratulate the winners.
• Four District Awards: A judging committee selected the winners of the four District awards for displaying excellence in the application of each principle outlined within the Four Point Approach®. Awards in this category included the Promotion Award, Organization Award, Design Award, and Business Development Award.
• Twenty-One Individual Awards: Each Main Street District will select one winner to represent their District in the three individual award categories: Volunteer of the Year, Main Street Business/Merchant of the Year, and Best Private Improvement of the Year.
The Individual Awards honor and commemorate the businesses, residents and improvements that are key to the revitalization within a District. Eight of each of the following awards will be presented at the awards ceremony; one winner in each category from each District:
• Volunteer of the Year - Will Walker/Will's Pub
• Business/Merchant of the Year - Track Shack/Jon & Betsy Hughes
• Best Private Improvement of the Year - Quantum Leap Winery
An original Mills 50 business member, Track Shack supports the district through event participation and marketing support. Jon and Betsy Hughes also are members of the newly formed “buy local” task force.
Mills 50 is a grass-roots, member-based organization made up of local business owners, residents and members of local government committed to making the Mills 50 District more pedestrian friendly and safer for traffic as well as to maintain its unique urban character and charm. More information available at www.Mills50.org.