Track Shack Foundation awards over $21,000 in local grants
Orlando, FL - June 22, 2011 - Track Shack Foundation Board of Trustees awarded over $21,000 to 18 local organizations whose innovative health and fitness related programs will help nearly 30,000 Central Floridian’s of all ages and abilities achieve a healthy lifestyle. In keeping with its mission to promote health and fitness, the Foundation grants funds to youth sports and athletic organizations in Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake, Brevard and Volusia counties.
Through a grant application process, accessible on the Track Shack Foundation website, local youth sports and fitness programs and non-profit organizations may apply for funding.
Track Shack Foundation is proud to introduce its most recent grant recipients and their exceptional programs:
- The Gift of Swimming, Winter Garden, Head Start Swim Program
- Blankner K8 School, Orlando, Smile Mile Club
- Robinswood Middle School, Orlando, Boys Track Season
- CCC South Track Club, Ocoee, AAU Track Season
- Bear Lake Elementary Running Club, Apopka, Cross Country Season
- Lawton Chiles Middle School, Oviedo, Cross Country & Track & Field Season
- Central Florida Youth Football League, Oviedo, Team play scholarships
- Live Free, Swim and Run Clinics, Orlando, an adaptive sport and recreation clinic for 30 amputee and wheelchair athletes ages 8 and up.
- Castle Creek Elementary, Orlando, Girls on the Run startup
- Monarch Learning Academy, Orlando, PE Program
- Deltona Trinity Christian Academy, Deltona, Track & Field Program
- Milwee Middle School PTSA Athletic Boosters, Longwood, Reading & Running Track Program
- Discovery Intermediate School, Kissimmee, Cross Country Invitational
- Colonial High School Cross Country, Orlando, Cross Country Summer Camp
- American Heart Association Heart Walk, Orlando, Greater Orlando Heart Walk
- Winter Park YMCA, Winter Park, Minimaniacs Youth Triathlon
- Timber Creek High School Cross Country , Orlando, Summer Running Camp
- Nemours, Orlando, Staying In the Game: A Care Guide for Adolescent Athletes Publication
The Track Shack Foundation grants have exceeded $2 million since 1994. The foundation helps provide health and fitness opportunities through the funding of youth athletic programs. For more information, please visit www.trackshack.com.
About Track Shack and Track Shack Events
Track Shack of Orlando opened for business in 1977 as a small retail operation that focused primarily on selling running shoes and apparel. Track Shack Events (Formerly Event Marketing & Management International or EMMI), established in 1990 as Track Shack’s sister company, is a sports marketing company that specializes in marketing, management and production of active participation events. The mission of Track Shack Events (TSE) is that each event produced will benefit the entire community - runners, sponsors, and charities. Award-winning professional staff has earned TSE a reputation as one of America’s top sports marketing companies. Jon and Betsy Hughes, co-owners of Track Shack and Track Shack Events, ensure that both businesses support charitable causes, in particular charities that benefit youth and youth athletics. This tradition continues through the creation of the Track Shack Foundation in 1994. The Foundation was established as a 501 c(3) organization with the purpose of promoting health and fitness with an emphasis on youth programs.
Use Facebook to Leave a Comment - We'd love to hear from you.