Track Shack Foundation awards over $22,000 in local grants
ORLANDO, FL., April 20, 2011 -- The Track Shack Foundation Board of Trustees recently awarded over $22,000 in grants to local organizations. The Track Shack Foundation supports local charitable causes, in particular, those that benefit youth and athletics programs.
Recent grant recipients include:
- Oak Ridge High School Girl’s Track & Field Program, Orlando – new uniforms and meet travel expenses
- Central Florida Gliders Track Club, Orlando – track program
- Orange County Athletics, Windermere- summer camp expenses
- University High Boy’s Track & Field, Orlando –track program expenses
- Break Away Track Club, Minneola – donation for running club expenses
- Jones High School Track & Field Program, Orlando – track program expenses
- Colonial Track & Field Program, Orlando – Spring season track program expenses
- Dommerich Elementary School PTA Walk n’ Roll Program, Maitland – program expenses
- Flora Ridge Elementary Track & Cross Country Club, Kissimmee – program expenses
- Oak Ridge High School Boy’s Track & Field Program, Orlando – program equipment expenses
- Special Olympics Orange County, Orlando - contribution to sailing program expenses
- PROUD PAPAS Organization, Orlando – youth athletic conditioning camp expenses
- South Seminole Middle School, Casselberry – track & field program expenses
Use Facebook to Leave a Comment - We'd love to hear from you.
The Track Shack Foundation grants have exceeded $2 million since 1994. The foundation helps provide health and fitness opportunities through the funding of youth athletic programs. For more information, please visit www.trackshack.com.
About Track Shack and Track Shack Events
Track Shack of Orlando opened for business in 1977 as a small retail operation that focused primarily on selling running shoes and apparel. Track Shack Events (Formerly Event Marketing & Management International or EMMI), established in 1990 as Track Shack’s sister company, is a sports marketing company that specializes in marketing, management and production of active participation events. The mission of Track Shack Events (TSE) is that each event produced will benefit the entire community - runners, sponsors, and charities. Award-winning professional staff has earned TSE a reputation as one of America’s top sports marketing companies. Jon and Betsy Hughes, co-owners of Track Shack and Track Shack Events, ensure that both businesses support charitable causes, in particular charities that benefit youth and youth athletics. This tradition continues through the creation of the Track Shack Foundation in 1994. The Foundation was established as a 501 c(3) organization with the purpose of promoting health and fitness with an emphasis on youth programs.