Track Shack Youth Foundation Awards $25,450.00 to Community Organizations Promoting Youth Health & Fitness.
Bill Vanos, President of the Track Shack Youth Foundation, is pleased to announce that the Foundation’s Board of Trustees recently awarded over $25,450.00 to 29 area schools and organizations that provide health and fitness education and encourage young people to participate in a wide range of sports and fitness related activities in Brevard, Lake, Orange, Seminole, Osceola and Volusia counties. These funds were awarded based on the grants that were submitted from each organization with a detailed explanation of their fitness program and the youth that the program supports.
The most recent grant recipients and their exceptional programs include the following schools and organizations.
• Lakeville Elementary, Apopka, Lakeville Running Club
• Altamonte Springs Elementary, Altamonte Springs, Running Club
• Sabal Point Elementary, Longwood, Gators Running Club
• Dommerich Elementary, PTA, Maitland, Dommerich Running Tribe
• Blankner K-8, Orlando, Smile Mile Club
• Hillcrest Elementary, Orlando, Running Club
• Central Middle School, West Melbourne, FUNdamental Fitness
• West Orange High School, Winter Garden, 2018 Cross Country Season
• Edgewater High School, Orlando, Boys Basketball
• Edgewater High School, Orlando, Boys Track and Field
• Edgewater High School, Orlando, Girls Track and Field
• Winter Springs High School, Winter Springs, Cross Country
• Colonial High School, Orlando, Cross Country
• University High School, Orlando, Boys & Girls Cross Country
• Freedom High School, Orlando, Boys & Girls Wrestling
• DeLand High School, Bulldog Boosters, Inc., DeLand, Wrestling
• Brevard Schools Foundation, Viera, Adaptive Physical Education
• Winter Park NJROTC, Winter Park, WPNJROTC Athletic Team
• Family Christian Center School, Clermont, Volleyball, Basketball & Cross-Country Track
• East Orange Thunder, Orlando, Youth Football & Cheer club
• South Orange Patriots Athletic Association, Orlando, Cheer
• Power Ten Rowing Club, Orlando, Scholarships
• Orlando Rowing Association, Inc., Orlando, Scholarships
• Denton Johnson Tennis Corporation, Orlando, Annual Holiday Tournament
• Central Florida Gliders Track Club, Altamonte Springs, Fall Season Running Program
• Power House Athletics Track & Field, Ocoee, Fall/Winter Training Program
• Girls on the Run Central Florida, Winter Park, Scholarships for Girls on the Run Participants
• Down Syndrome Foundation of Florida, Orlando, iCanExcel
• G.R.O.W. Central Florida, Inc., Maitland, Running Program Support
“We are very fortunate to have a variety of youth fitness programs available in the Central Florida community and we are proud to be able to support so many of them,” said Bill Vanos, President of Track Shack Youth Foundation. “These programs teach children and young adults the importance of teamwork and leadership. Our board of trustees is extremely thankful for everyone who contributes to our Foundation. It is because of our donors that we are able to provide funding to so many important programs.”
In addition to individual contributions, financial support of the local organizations is also made possible by runners and walkers who actively take part in Track Shack’s local running events. Race proceeds positively impact the community and improve the quality of life for so many.
About Track Shack Youth Foundation
Founded in 1994, the Track Shack Youth Foundation’s purpose is to promote lifelong health and fitness emphasizing youth and running programs in our Central Florida community. To date, over $2 million has been committed to the local community, supporting a variety of different programs. The Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization that was founded by Jon and Betsy Hughes, co-owners of Track Shack and Track Shack Events, and is managed by a Board of Trustees who have an interest in and dedication to the mission. To find out more about the Track Shack Youth Foundation, to donate or apply for funds, please visit www.trackshackfoundation.org
Use Facebook to Leave a Comment - We'd love to hear from you.