Track Shack Foundation Awards $19,000 to Community Organizations Promoting Youth Health & Fitness.
Track Shack Foundation’s Board of Trustees recently awarded $19,000 to 12 area schools and organizations that provide health and fitness education and encourage young people to participate in a wide range of sports and fitness related activities in Orange, Seminole and Osceola counties.
Track Shack Foundation proudly introduces its most recent grant recipients and their exceptional programs:
• Edgewater High School, Orlando, Boys Basketball
• Edgewater High School, Orlando, Girls Volleyball
• Foundation for Foster Children, Winter Park, Fostering Success
• Dillard Street Elementary School, Winter Garden, What Shoes Can Do
• Quest, Orlando, Camp Thunderbird
• St. Andrew Catholic School, Orlando, Fitness Fun Program
• Grow Central Florida, Maitland, Cross Country
• Lawton Chiles Middle School, Oviedo, Track/Cross Country
• Bear Lake Elementary School, Apopka, Running Club
• Bear Lake Elementary School, Apopka, PE Fitness Challenge
• Monarch Learning Academy, Winter Park, PE
• Pirate Runners Club, Kissimmee, Track
• Lyman Rowing Association, Winter Springs, Fall Season
• Wedgefield School, Orlando, Running Club
Financial support of the local organizations is made possible by runners and walkers who actively take part in Track Shack’s local running events. Race proceeds positively impact the community and improve the quality of life for so many. We also wish to thank the individual contributors who have made donations over the past year in support of the wonderful youth programs.
The Track Shack Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) organization that helps provide health and fitness opportunities to Central Floridians through the funding of youth athletic programs. To find out more about the Track Shack Foundation, to donate or apply for funds, please visit www.trackshackfoundation.org .