Virtual Race Options Now Available for Track Shack Races!
Can’t make it to the race but still want to experience the excitement and achievement?
Track Shack Events is now offering a virtual option for many of its races. Never heard of this before? Believe it or not it’s become very popular! Here’s the cool thing, you can run/walk on your own time; around your neighborhood, on the treadmill or on a trail, for example, to go the distance and still get the race perks.
Earlier this year we did an informal Twitter poll and asked our followers about their interest in virtual races. Some highlights of that survey are:
• 43% participate virtually to receive the medal/swag
• 29% participate virtually participate due to a schedule conflict
• 28% participate virtually because of a charity/charity fundraiser
Here’s how you can participate virtually in a Track Shack race: register online and select the Virtual race option, which is available until seven days prior to each event or until event capacity is reached.
On the Wednesday prior to the race, you’ll receive a race bib via email. Run or walk the distance at one time, or break it out into multiple sessions. You keep your own time, but don’t worry about sending us the results. Instead, feel free to post a photo and share your virtual race experience on social media using the race hash tag, such as #ucanfinish for the UCF race in October.
Within two weeks following the race, you will receive your race swag, like the medal and race shirt, in the mail. Additional fees apply for international mailings.
Here is the list of races this season in which you can select a virtual option:
• U Can Finish 5 Mile & 2 Mile Presented by Florida Hospital – Available for the 5 Mile or Distance Dare
• Run Nona 5k and 10k – Available for the 10k
• OUC Orlando Half Marathon – Available for the Half Marathon
• Florida Hospital Lady Track Shack 5k – All women and now men can participate in the women’s-only race by doing it virtually
• Zimmerman Kiser Sutcliffe Winter Park Road Race 10k and 2 Mile Presented by Florida Hospital – Available for the 10k or Distance Dare
What has been your experience doing a virtual race?
Use Facebook to Leave a Comment - We'd love to hear from you.