Track Shack Youth Foundation Awards $26,550.00 to Community Organizations Promoting Youth Health & Fitness
Bill Vanos, President of the Track Shack Youth Foundation, is pleased to announce that the Foundation’s Board of Trustees recently awarded over $26,550.00 to 25 area schools and organizations that provide health and fitness education and encourage young people to participate in a wide range of sports and fitness related activities in Orange, Seminole, Lake, Osceola and Volusia counties. These funds were awarded based on the grants that were submitted from each organization with a detailed explanation of their fitness program and the youth that the program supports.
The most recent grant recipients and their exceptional programs include the following schools and organizations.
• Rosemont Elementary, Orlando, Rosemont Runners
• Partin Settlement Elementary School, Kissimmee, PSE Running Club
• Keeth Elementary Running Club, Winter Springs, Keeth Cougars Running Club-District Meet
• Jones High School, Orlando, Wrestling Program
• Wekiva High School, Apopka, Track and Field Program
• Freedom High School, Orlando, Track and Field Program
• Poinciana High School, Kissimmee, Physical Education
• New Dimensions High School, Kissimmee, Track and Field Program
• Dr. Phillips High School, Orlando, Cross Country Season
• Osceola High School, Kissimmee, Water Polo Team
• Olympia High School, Orlando, Track & Field Program
• Parkway Middle School, Kissimmee, Track & Field Program
• Tavares Middle School, Tavares, Running Club - Elementary Patriot Mile Challenge & Race Series
• Orlando Rowing Association, Inc, Orlando, Rowing Program
• Fast Start Management, Winter Park, Fast Start Track and Field Invitational
• Deland Lightning Bolts, Deltona, Deland Lightning Bolts Season
• Lake Brantley Rowing Association, Longwood, Rowing Program
• Lyman Rowing Association, Winter Springs, Spring Season
• BridgeBuilder Community Services Inc, Ocoee, EOTO Greater Orlando
• Power House Athletics Track Inc., Ocoee, Track & Field Program
• Trinity Preparatory School, Winter Park, Cross Country and Track teams
• Friends of Children and Families, Orlando, Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds Program
• Foundation for Foster Children, Inc., Winter Park, Enrichment Program
• Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida, Winter Park, Buddy Up Tennis
• Smile Mile Run, Orlando, Youth Race
“We would like to thank all the individual contributors who have made donations over the past year in support of these wonderful youth programs,” said Bill Vanos, President of Track Shack Youth Foundation.
In addition to individual contributions, financial support of the local organizations is also made possible by runners and walkers who actively take part in Track Shack’s local running events. Race proceeds positively impact the community and improve the quality of life for so many. Bill Vanos stated that “contributions to the Track Shack Youth Foundation are key to providing funds to running and other fitness programs that keep the children in our community active and healthy.”
About Track Shack Youth FoundationFounded in 1994, the Track Shack Youth Foundation’s purpose is to promote lifelong health and fitness emphasizing youth and running programs in our Central Florida community. To date, over $2 million has been committed to the local community, supporting a variety of different programs. The Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization that was founded by Jon and Betsy Hughes, co-owners of Track Shack and Track Shack Events, and is managed by a Board of Trustees who have an interest in and dedication to the mission. To find out more about the Track Shack Youth Foundation, to donate or apply for funds, please visit www.trackshackfoundation.org.
Use Facebook to Leave a Comment - We'd love to hear from you.